Designer costume jewelry to discover!

on
Categories: Blog

Yellow, white, pink or gray… all the colors of gold! It is true that gold jewelry is still fascinating, especially those that are set with precious stones. However, faced with their very expensive price, many people prefer to turn to costume jewelry.

designer costume jewelry

Silver rings signed by a great designer

While a few years ago the name “costume” jewelry mainly referred to low-quality, inexpensive jewelry, this is no longer the case today. The proof, you just have to see the designers who are present on the multi-brand store of Mademoiselle Sissi. The latter unveils jewelry whose creators compete in imagination and aestheticism in their approach to style around jewelry.

Gems such as Lapis lazuli and Labradorite are worked very finely and thus bring a touch of elegance to each model of ring. As for their design, like any self-respecting ethnic jewelry, they are especially inspired by distant countries, civilizations and peoples, hence their originality and timelessness. Without forgetting that to limit as much as possible the risks of allergy, the silver used by the designer is essentially 925 Sterling, which is also commonly called “solid silver”.

Fans of this precious metal will no doubt confirm that the 925 hallmark is neither more nor less than the pledge of the purity of silver. Specifically, jewelry is 92.5% silver. Otherwise, the remaining 7.5% are the essential metals used in the alloy. In fact, exceptionally soft, the agent can only be stiffened by combining it with zinc or copper.

Why this craze for costume jewelry?

So, in case you have very sensitive skin, or are prone to skin allergies, make sure the silver jewelry is 925 sterling, before ordering. Moreover, without needing to check their hallmark, you will recognize them very easily thanks to their brilliant white. However, it should be noted that silver is not the only material used by creators.

costume jewelry

Wood, other metals, leather, mother-of-pearl, horn, synthetic stones, plastic, and even seashells are also very popular. This is why ethnic jewelry is so popular. In comparison to classic jewelry, costume jewelry as the name suggests indeed offers more extravagance and authenticity. The combinations of patterns, colors and textures are simply limitless. Not surprisingly, more and more designers are getting started.

Some of them have even become references and now specialize in luxury ranges. International fairs dedicated to costume jewelry are also organized every year. Over time, this fashion accessory has gradually gained its letters of nobility and can be found in our jewelry boxes just like gold earrings or chains. What is more, their price is very competitive, compared to models sold in classic jewelry stores.